Outreach and Testing Services
– Project STYLE staff conducts outreach activities to provide substance abuse and HIV prevention education and other services to young adults throughout Miami-Dade County. During the initial session, the Outreach Worker may address any of the following:
- discussing risk behaviors
- explaining ways to reduce risk
- providing written information and materials
- offering referrals
Once this is complete, the person is offered the opportunity to participate in two counseling and education sessions. The individual will be offered a free HIV test as well as pre- and post-test counseling.
– Project STYLE offers free confidential HIV counseling and testing to everyone. As part of the testing process, individuals are provided with basic HIV education and risk reduction information. HIV testing is also offered to individuals enrolled in RESPECT, CRCS, CLEAR, PRIME For Life, and those participating in Project STYLE outreach activities.